Rolf and Mecki cycled almost the whole world together, they shared so many great stories and the good thing is, the love cooking to. They got inspired along the way, flavours, people and landscapes… They prepared me this incredible, super healthy vegetable-packed curry with peas, carrots and tomatoes. Served with kurkuma, Cardamum rice and Indian flat bread with yoghurt dip.
- Red lentils
- Ras el hanout to spice up
Cook the lentils without salt. When it cooked you puree this with the spices and butter
Ingredients for the Masala
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 knob ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 to 6 green Thai chilies, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) juice from 1 lemon, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or ghee
- 1 teaspoon hole cumin seed
- 1 large onion,
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
Add all the veggies you like, for example Mecki and Rolf added everything they grow in their own garden, green peas, celeriac, tomatoes and carrots.
They aso served this dish with crispy fried tofu, Indian flat bread and lots of fresh chopped coriander.