The strawberry pie made by Ane from MULD. My favourite thing about this strawberry cake is its simplicity: it’s made with very few ingredients, and you can have it in the oven in under 15 minutes. Serve it whit some whipped cream, lime crème fraice or just a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Also you can pimp it with the zest of orange, lemon, some pignuts or pistachio, maybe more kinds or fruit. Experiment a bit, that is the good thing of cooking!
The one rule to keep in mind in my opinion. Make it colourful!
- 1,5 cup of flour
- 1,5 teaspoon baking powder
- 0,5 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1,5 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 0,5 cup milk
- 0,5 kg strawberries halved
- Preheat the oven to 180 degress°
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and 1 cup of the sugar until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat on low speed until well combined. Add the flour mixture, alternating with the milk, and beat on low speed until smooth.
- Mix everything together, leave some strawberries for the top
- Bake for about 1 hour, until the cake is lightly golden.